CHANGES TO HOSPITAL OPERATION DURING COVID-19 CRISIS
NEW PROTOCOL FOR ADMISSION OF PATIENTS DURING COVID–19 CRISIS
- South Eastern Equine Hospital will continue to operate
- Some changes to reduce the risk
- Vets deemed an Essential Service during COVID-19 crisis of COVID-19 to staff and clients
We are pleased to be able to offer a continued high level of care for all our clients and patients during these unprecedented times. On advice from the government and the Australian Veterinary Association (AVA), we have had to implement some new protocols for patient admissions. This includes patients that are coming for consultations as well as admissions to the hospital.
- When you book an appointment you will be instructed what to do when you arrive at the hospital.
- On arrival, please call the hospital on 87904922 and a staff member will attend to you. All of our staff will be wearing full PPE attire as a precaution. You will not be allowed to enter the hospital. Paper- work can be completed in the car park or done prior via email.
- You will unload your horse and hand the horse to our staff member in PPE attire.
- Our hospital head collar and lead rope will be placed on the horse and yours returned.
- Your horse will be transferred to hospital by our staff member. You can wait in your car if the procedure is short or leave the horse if it is being admitted for a longer procedure.
- Ongoing communication with owner will be done via telephone/email, and hospital visits will not be possible.
- Discharges will be performed in reverse. Payment can be done by internet transfer or using portable eftpos machine. If cash is used as payment, please place cash in plastic bag.
- Barriers will be in place so that it is clear that owners and other members of the public are prohibited from entering the hospital.
- If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
Mon - Fri: 8:30am - 5:30pm
Sat: Emergencies only
Sun: Emergencies only
359 Belgrave-Hallam Road
Narre Warren North
Request a Booking
Our team will reply to confirm your appointment.